Farm to Table Family Meals
YouTube cooking shows are our obsession. Especially those dedicated to healthy family food. And Farm to Table Family is the coolest we have come across thus far. It is sponsored by the Honest Company and presented by PBS Parents, which intrigued us at first. These are definitely great brands to back a show. And right out of the gates, the beautiful production value and footage of the cutest family grabbing veggies out of their backyard, and integrating the kids in the cooking process had us hooked. The show is described as a modern take on traditional favorites inspired by the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients with a focus on bringing the family together through healthy, tasty, and beautiful foods. We’ve definitely found this to be true. www.youtube.com/user/farmtotablefamily
Here is one of our favorite recipes:
GRILLED MUSHROOMS & ROASTED AUTUMN SQUASH W/ FARRO & RADDICHIO
1 pint fresh trumpet mushrooms
1 small butternut squash
½ small kabocha squash
2 c. cooked farro
½ head of raddichio
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
½ tsp fresh black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
1 garlic clove
¼ c. sherry vinegar
1 c. extra virgin olive oil
*Note: Other wild mushrooms to try in this recipe are chanterelles, porcinis, oyster, and matsutake mushrooms. For autumn squash, pumpkin, delicata, and acorn would also work nicely.
- Peel, seed, and cut autumn squash into 1-2 inch pieces. Dress with some sprinklings of salt, pepper, and olive oil. Roast in oven at 400F for 30 min or until tender and lightly browned.
- Prepare your cooked farro. Follow instructions on package.
- Make the dressing. Mix together thyme, sea salt, black pepper, grated garlic, sherry vinegar and olive oil.
- Prepare mushrooms & raddichio. On cast iron pan or grill over high heat, cook the mushrooms and raddichio wedges on both sides until lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt.
- Assemble on serving plate in layers. Enjoy!
Enjoy your yummy organic meal, and feel free to let us know how the family cooking process goes!